Sorry I’ve been very slow on my burcon stuff, just recovered from the cold I caught before going to LA – turns out the dull headache accompanied me thru the con was not from lack of sleep or jet lag but a low fever O_o I’m actually thankful for my ignorance because if I knew I had a fever, who knows if I’d just stay at my room, sleep all day and miss so much fun?
I did have a lot of fun in this con, and it’s not only from seeing Jensen again after six loooong months…I had LOTS OF fun from just meeting LJ friends/fellow fans from all over the world. We chat, we laugh, we had dinner together and we sat beside three angels and one king of hell and still alive, lol Here I’d like to thank Marsha, Sophia, Hiroko, Karen, JoAnne, Teri, Tamara, Lynn, Linda…if I missed someone please don’t hit me, I wasn’t exactly clear-minded at that time :p Anyway, just want to thank you for all the fun and help! *hug*
Jensen’s birthday book
First I’d like to talk about the Jensen b-day gift, since many of my LJ friends cared and asked about it. I appreciate your kind words and encouragement, it helped me a lot, gave me the courage to carry out the whole birthday book plan. 谢谢你们！And Big Thank-U to Jane who wrote a looong PM to me with great advice J
I admit that my mind wasn’t entirely on con activities or even taking photos…I just couldn’t stop thinking, how should I present this gift to Jensen without taking too much time, what should I say to him, what if I’m not allowed to take the b-day book into the photo op room, should I ask for a personalization etc etc. So many whatifs and worries that I had a headache from it. Well, not entirely from it, but you know what I mean~
Anyway, the project went…uh maybe I should let you judge.
I did get a Jensen photo op with the b-day book... I almost didn’t get into the room, a Creation staff told me ‘no props’ but I insisted that I will hold it, not Jensen. Thank god she let me in! Although I was nervous like hell I still managed to tell Jensen that it’s a gift for him, can he stand behind me so we could hold the book together? He didn’t hold the book but uh I totally was happier for what he did instead, lol
But I forgot to tell him that I will show him the book later, like I have recited so many times. He must be confused why I took a gift for him away *headdesk* At least my first goal – have a pic of Jensen and the book together succeeded, that counts as a win, right?
Our b-day book is kinda mult-media as we also made two music videos. We were too late to enter the MV contest but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask Creation again once I’m at the con.
On Saturday I talked to Adam and he kindly agreed to have a look, once both he and the tech staff were present. But I couldn’t find both of them until Sunday morning’s breakfast…then everything was so rushed I didn’t took notice if the vid was showed. I guess not, but glad I tried my best, and very thankful that Adam didn’t just turned me down. Here’s a link to the vid if anyone’s interested!
As for the b-day book itself, my original plan is to show Jensen during the autograph session then post it to Vancouver, because Creation no longer handles gifts.
And of course it didn’t work out as I planned…I was too nervous, couldn’t remember much; just that I passed the book to him and told him it’s a gift from his Chinese fans. Couldn’t even remember whether I told him it’s for his BIRTHDAY or not!! Despite how rushed the session was (they were going to speed up to catch the flight to Van I believe) he still spent a little time turning a few pages and gave little comments e.g. ‘it’s amazing’ and ‘thank you’.
I did ask for a personalization…doesn’t hurt to try, right? I asked if he could write something for us. I was eyeing the two staff sat beside Jensen all the time when asking, 99% sure that one of them would stop me…surprisingly, none of them said anything and Jensen just sighed this beautiful ‘Thank you’ for his Chinese fans . I was totally speechless – for one, he actually personalized for me; two, it’s the first time I saw his handwriting it’s beautiful. I dumbfoundedly left with a thank you and almost forgot to get my sharpie back…
…And it was until I stood in Jared’s autograph line that I realized I didn’t ask the book back! I saw him passing the book to the lady sat beside him and she put it into a bag. I don’t know why I did think of getting it back. I honestly can’t remember. Everything is kinda hazy. Is that so-called brain fart??
So this is what happened to the b-day project… Think about it, I’m such a socially awkward person that I couldn’t even manage a good small talk with people, and am so easy to get nervous (and apparently, brain fart) how am I suitable for such important thing? I wish I could say something funny or something moving at that time to initiate a conversation, but when I stand there, there was nothing in my head, absolutely empty.
Good thing is that Jensen actually saw the book and I got the photo op & thank you note from him. Just hope Creation won’t just throw the book away *crossing fingers*
OK now let’s talk about happier things…of course, photo ops! Chris the photographer always makes my day with his amazing photo ops.
This time had 2 Jensen photo op, 1 Jared and 1 duo. I also purchased an extra Misha photo op at the con to try a bizarre idea of pose.
Misha photo op
He weighs much heavier than he looks! I love this photo op hehe maybe I could show Jensen this and ask for the same pose
Of course I didn’t have the courage so I only dare to ask for a ‘blow a kiss’ pose from him. Why I didn’t use my other hand to do the pose?? I totally could have my arms around him!!
A big hug from Jared, as I haven’t had a photo op with him for some time :p And he said he loves my watch – what a compliment for a $60 cheap watch, lol
Duo photo op - I wanted a group hug from both of them, but they only did the normal ‘stand by you side’ one, I have to remind them ‘arms arms!’ It looks good but not comfortable, AT ALL. Oh those firm muscles, and they leaned so close that I could hardly breath. I honestly had to struggle, hard, to speak and wave my arms…
Jensen's wide smile awwwwww and MY GOD look at Jared’s HUGE hands, Jensen’s are not small at all (I tried with my own hands, lol) but look at how tiny they look compared with Jared’s paws!
I love my photo ops. I love Jensen and Jared and Misha being so nice. I love our amazing photographer Chris!
More fun moments
1. Guy Norman Bee brought Samuel Colt, no, Sam Hennings to the stage! I admit I was star struck…2nd time in my life so far. I was so excited that almost jumped up (Marsha knows, lol) He’s incredibly cool , it felt like he had some kind of aura around him. Plus I just love how he and Guy talk about filming and acting from different perspectives (director & actor, TV show & movie etc).
2. Guy is such a kind, humble and down to earth person, sometimes I couldn’t believe he actually is a director! I didn’t get to have a pic with him when he was signing, the lady beside him turned me down. But later that night, when I asked again while he was chatting with fans, he kindly agreed. He’s such a nice guy, love to mingle with fans, patient and friendly. I’m so happy that he will be directing SPN episode again!
3. I went to the dessert party because one, I was wide awake by then (damn you & thank you jet lag) and two, I was still hoping to find Adam and the tech guy to submit my MV DVD. Since I was there I decided to enjoy as much as possible before I have to go back to sleep after midnight. It was not bad, actually went pretty smoothly and we got to meet all the guests before 12:30.
Most funny pic of the dessert party – Misha hahahaha and what’s that face Jim?? HAHAHAHA
Misha really scared me this time. I saw all the guests were still faraway from our table so I put my head on my arms, just wanted to rest a little. After a while someone poked me and when I looked up? Misha was right there and was like throwing at me (things were a little hazy because I was scared out of my mind…) It took me a long time to recover…we talked about jet lag (ewww) and flight time and one of our tablemates Sickpuppy （cute name, hee~）told him about my camera so I showed him, and he secretly took a pic of Matt. So here it is. It’s, uh, kinda artistic, uh…
4. One of my friends made some iSPN stuff which I think are very cool. So I got her permission and bring them for the guests to sign. I didn’t expect to receive such amazing reaction – Mark was really impressed and showed it to everyone around him, kept saying how cool it is. Rob and Richard loves theirs too, even signed some personalized message. I’m totally going to bring iDean for JIB3 next month for Jensen! Any idea of good lines? J
5. As I mentioned before when I and a bunch of friends having dinner at the hotel’s restaurant (daily grill or something) Saturday night, Richard, Matt, Sebastian, Mark and two of their friends sat beside us. We let them have their dinner in peace, of course. Richard was the most talkative one (no doubt :p) and Matt is the quietest one. And I felt…you know, some of them haven’t even worked together in the show, and now they are like old friends chatting, laughing, making jokes, hug each other, taking photos…seems that these conventions not only linked us fans together, but also the actors. It just felt good J
6. Jared’s gift – totally failure. His autograph line was moving light speed and I only managed to give him the two gifts I brought. I saw him putting them under the table, guess that was it and walked out…….and heard him yelling ‘wow, this is cool!’ a back glance told me he pick the calligraphy up again and was amazed by it. But I was already out of the auto room grrrr! What a pity that I couldn’t explain to him about the other gift - the small silver lock is for little moose, a traditional Chinese gift for newborn babies.
The Calligraphy gift from 重月魈 I think it means 'soaring high' in Chinese...
7. Jensen’s birthday surprise!
I feel so, so lucky to be able to attend the con, singing happy birthday for my favourite actor with hundreds of fans. It was crazy, amazing, and beautiful; it was one of the best moments of the con.
Jensen really didn’t expect this. And he was clearly moved. As I said in my previous posts, he is and never will be a person as outgoing as Jared. He’s like Dean in this aspect, not good at chick-flick moment. But he definitely has his own way to show his gratitude. He did the dorky poses and slammed his face into the cake, make everyone laugh, but I did see how he tried to hide that adorable shy smile. Aww, now I made myself so fuzzy inside ^_^
But really, I’d love to think this way. I am smiling right now and feeling my life is good, so why not? And I'm confident Jensen is such amazing person.
And Jared? He just follow suit. So typically Jared ×pat pat×
Well, I guess this is the end of my loooong report, better end at the best memories *still smiling*
I will write another post about our b-day book, and post pics of the amazing gifts our Chinese fans gathered J
Before I got, here are some misc pics!
Matt’s impression on Jensen’s lips, lol
Look at his arms O_O
Uh, sorry Jensen and Jared but these are just too funny HAHAHAHAHA
Coolest bodyguard ever!